Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Seneca Lake

Lodi, at Maura’s

38 mile day

Well, it may be easy for some people to find things at 4 mph, but apparently I’m not one of them. I’d targeted the address with my phone’s map, Maura had provided a detailed description, and I even slowed down (from 4 mph) to ensure my arrival … and I blew past it by a mile or two, necessitating a final upwind slog. Having to buck the winds for the last half hour simply reminded me how lucky I’d been for the last five hours of downhill running.

I’ve got a precarious but picturesque campsite right by the water, and I just took a most refreshing swim before wine. On a day when so much of the country/world is suffering from oppressive heat, I’m simply blessed to be able to step into 72 degree water at will.

In a few minutes I’ll be joining Maura, my hostess, for a glass of wine and, I hope, more good conversation about the lake, the environment, and her present focus, climate change. She runs a delightful inn here – several charming cabins high above the lake – and last night Jake sang her praises as a volunteer and communicator extraordinaire. I’m looking forward to learning more … and to getting her advice on my best route north tomorrow. I know I want to scope out that Bitcoin operation …

Mo’ latah!     

No other boats in sight

Lakeside agriculture 







No comments:

Post a Comment